1. Warranties and returns
- Subject to these terms, all goods carry an implied warranty in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 which gives the consumer the right to return the unsafe and defective goods in terms of section 20 read together with section 56 of the CPA.
- Our goods also carry a manufacturers’ warranty where applicable, which will run concurrently with any warranty in terms of the law.
- The implied warranty on goods supplied places an obligation on Solomons fashion and décor to accept the return of unsafe or defective goods within six months of delivery, in the event of the goods not complying with requirements and standards contemplated in section 55 of the CPA.
- Furthermore, the consumer has a right to return goods to Solomons fashion and décor if:
a) The consumer finds within 10 days that the goods are unsuitable for a particular purpose for which the consumer has expressed intention to use the goods as contemplated in s55(3);
b) The consumer did not have a chance to examine the goods and rejected delivery of the goods for any reasons contemplated in section 19(5); and
c) The consumer has refused delivery of any of those goods, because they were mixed with items that were not ordered, as contemplated in section 19(8).
- Under no circumstances will we accept returned goods where the consumer has been afforded the opportunity to inspect the goods prior to the purchase and subsequently changed his/her mind about the goods, the goods have been damaged due to the consumer’s negligence, the goods have been disassembled, permanently installed, physically altered, used or installed contrary to our or the manufacturer’s instructions and/or have been subjected to misuse or abuse.
- We sell goods for domestic purposes only and for the purpose for which they were manufactured. Normal wear and tear will also be excluded. If you want to return alleged defective goods in terms of a warranty, we or the manufacturer will assess the goods to determine the reason for the defect in the goods.
- We will consider and deal with all other returns in terms of applicable law, the manufacturers’ warranty or terms of the extended warranty. All refunds are less any charges permissible in terms of the law. If you are entitled in law to return goods to us for any reason, the law in certain instances allows us to charge you for the use of the goods and to get the goods for restocking.
- Due to the nature of the goods and/or copyright restrictions, you cannot return underwear, earrings or any other products which pose a hygiene risk/concern, unless it is found that the goods were defective at the time of purchase.
As a valued customer, we shall at all times endeavour to provide you with the best customer service and ensure that all your rights in terms of the Consumer Protection Act are protected